2021 Southern California Kidney Walk
We invite you to walk your way in the 2021 Southern California Kidney Walk
This year, we are breaking down all the geographic boundaries of the past to form the first ever West Coast Kidney Walk! On Oct. 3, thousands will unite across California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington to improve the lives of people with kidney disease and those at risk everywhere.
Our Southern California Walk celebrates the 12th annual Los Angeles and Orange County Kidney Walks and unites walkers from Bakersfield and San Luis Obispo all the way south through the desert communities and San Diego.
LaceUp your walking shoes and join us from the comfort of your home, neighborhood or local park. We may not be able to unite in person, but our different paths share a common goal; together we’ll LaceUp to change lives.
By participating in the 2021 Southern California Kidney Walk you’ll let others know they’re not alone.
Caring knows no distance; no matter how or where you walk—one simple step can change a life.
NOW - Oct. 3: 37-Day Countdown to Walk! In honor of the 37-million people with chronic kidney disease, we're counting down the 37-days until the Walk with a calendar filled with challenges (and prizes).
Download the full calendar here.
Corporate Team Challenge: Learn more here
Dialysis Team Challenge: Learn more here
TIPS & TOOLS:
- Returning Walkers: We have a new walk platform. If you did not participate in the 2020 Kidney Walk, you will need to create a new account regardless if you have participated in past events.
- Access your Kidney Walk Toolkit HERE
- Includes tips on how to use our new walk platform
- 2021 Kidney Gear! The more you raise, the more incentive prizes you earn. Check out this year's prizes here.
How do I walk virtually?
We may not be together, but we’re united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
- Register today to start fundraising. Families facing kidney disease are counting on all of us to keep fighting in the year ahead.
- Personalize your kidney walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk to inspire your personal network to support you with a gift before Walk Day.
- Get creative: check out the Walker Toolkit for easy ways to have fun, maximize your impact and reach your goals.
- Walk your way: take your own walk around the neighborhood or at your local park on Sunday, October 3, 2021. You can even track your steps with our Kidney Walk App.
What if I’m sheltering in place or social distancing?
Your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. If you’re staying inside, there are still many ways you can participate and raise critically needed funds.
- Tune in to our Walk Day Celebration on Sunday, October 3rd to get a front-row seat for our walk-day activities.
- While others walk outside, join us in staying healthy by climbing the stairs in your home, doing jumping jacks or pushups for every dollar you raise to support kidney patients by walk day.
- Not feeling physical? For every book you read, healthy meal you make, or ounce of water you drink on Sunday, October 3rd, ask your friends and family to donate ($5) – your creativity is the limit!
Date: Sunday, October 03, 2021
Time: 11:00 am
Wherever you want!
However you want!