2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo
The National Kidney Foundation of Michigan thanks you for joining us at the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo! This year’s walk looked a little different from years past, but the love and spirit from your support was as high as ever! So far, we have raised over $155,000. Also, a special thank you goes out to all of our sponsors and volunteers for making this year’s walk so special! Mark your calendar for Sunday, May 22, 2022 for next year’s Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo!
For those of you who took a Team Photo, they are available for view here.
We invite you to walk your way in the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo.
The National Kidney Foundation of Michigan is thrilled to announce that registration is open for the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo! Please note that this is a brand new registration site, so all previous walkers will have to create a NEW login for this year only with a unique email. Please visit here to learn more about our new registration site.
Due to capacity restrictions at the Detroit Zoo, we are limited to 1,500 walk participants. Therefore each walker over the age of 12 is asked to raise at least $50 in order to off set the cost of admission tickets, entertainment, parking, etc. Walkers age 3-12 are asked to raise $25. Walkers 2 and under are free.
The Detroit Zoo is requiring that masks be worn at all indoor exhibits and buildings. Please bring your mask and help us keep our NKFM family healthy!
This year’s walk will look different than previous years, with the highest importance placed on the health and safety of our supporters. However, many of the Kidney Walk traditions that you know and love will be back, including the Champions Tent, Children's Area, Free Food and Drinks, Music, leisurely strolls through the Zoo, and more!
If you are not comfortable with attending in-person, the NKFM will be presenting a live virtual program here, and on our Facebook and YouTube pages. The program begins at 9:30 a.m. with FOX 2 Meteorologist Rich Luterman hosting the show from the Detroit Zoo the morning of the walk.
Please contact NKFM’s Brian Christy at Bchristy@nkfm.org with any questions.
By participating in the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo you’ll let others know they’re not alone.
Caring knows no distance; no matter how or where you walk—one simple step can change a life.
What do I do next?
We are united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
- Register today to start fundraising. Families facing kidney disease are counting on all of us to keep fighting in the year ahead.
- Personalize your kidney walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk to inspire your personal network to support you with a gift before Walk Day.
- Get creative: check out the Walker Toolkit for easy ways to have fun, maximize your impact and reach your goals.
What if I’m sheltering in place or social distancing?
Your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. If you’re staying inside, there are still many ways you can participate and raise critically needed funds.
- Tune in to our Walk Day Celebration on Sunday, August 15th at 9:30 a.m. to get a front-row seat for our walk-day activities.
- While others walk outside, join us in staying healthy by climbing the stairs in your home, doing jumping jacks or pushups for every dollar you raise to support kidney patients by walk day.
- Not feeling physical? For every book you read, healthy meal you make, or ounce of water you drink on Sunday, August 15th, ask your friends and family to donate ($5) – your creativity is the limit!
Date: Sunday, August 15, 2021
Time: 7:00 am
8450 W. 10 Mile Rd.
Royal Oak, MI 48067
and on your screen!