2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo
2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo Bank Days Schedule
To eliminate the need to wait in line the morning of the Walk, walkers are encouraged to visit a Bank Day to drop off money, pick up an admission ticket, Kidney Walk T-shirt voucher (those individuals raising $100 or more) and Champions' wristbands. Team Captains or a team representative are able to pick up an admission tickets, etc. for team members.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 3RD
1 - 4 p.m.
Fresenius Kidney Care
Clinton Twp., MI
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4TH
1 - 3 p.m.
Greenfield Health Systems Corporate office
30100 Telegraph Rd. Suite 200
Bingham Farms, MI
*Please park in the EAST Entrance parking lot in the green common space between the buildings. We are planning to be outside.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 5TH
4 - 6:30 p.m.
Greenfield Health System/Taylor Dialysis
24565 Haig St.
MONDAY, AUGUST 9TH
1 - 5:30 p.m.
Fresenius Kidney Care
2620 W. 11 Mile Rd.
We invite you to walk your way in the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo.
The National Kidney Foundation of Michigan is thrilled to announce that registration is open for the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo! Please note that this is a brand new registration site, so all previous walkers will have to create a NEW login for this year only with a unique email. Please visit here to learn more about our new registration site.
Due to capacity restrictions at the Detroit Zoo, we are limited to 1,500 walk participants. Therefore each walker over the age of 12 is asked to raise at least $50 in order to off set the cost of admission tickets, entertainment, parking, etc. Walkers age 3-12 are asked to raise $25. Walkers 2 and under are free.
This year’s walk will look different than previous years, with the highest importance placed on the health and safety of our supporters. However, many of the Kidney Walk traditions that you know and love will be back, including the Champions Tent, Children's Area, Free Food and Drinks, Music, leisurely strolls through the Zoo, and more!
If you are not comfortable with attending in-person, the NKFM will be presenting a live virtual program here, and on our Facebook and YouTube pages. FOX 2 Meteorologist Rich Luterman will host the show from the Detroit Zoo the morning of the walk.
Please contact NKFM’s Brian Christy at Bchristy@nkfm.org with any questions.
By participating in the 2021 Kidney Walk at the Detroit Zoo you’ll let others know they’re not alone.
Caring knows no distance; no matter how or where you walk—one simple step can change a life.
What do I do next?
We are united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
- Register today to start fundraising. Families facing kidney disease are counting on all of us to keep fighting in the year ahead.
- Personalize your kidney walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk to inspire your personal network to support you with a gift before Walk Day.
- Get creative: check out the Walker Toolkit for easy ways to have fun, maximize your impact and reach your goals.
What if I’m sheltering in place or social distancing?
Your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. If you’re staying inside, there are still many ways you can participate and raise critically needed funds.
- Tune in to our Walk Day Celebration on Sunday, August 15th to get a front-row seat for our walk-day activities.
- While others walk outside, join us in staying healthy by climbing the stairs in your home, doing jumping jacks or pushups for every dollar you raise to support kidney patients by walk day.
- Not feeling physical? For every book you read, healthy meal you make, or ounce of water you drink on Sunday, August 15th, ask your friends and family to donate ($5) – your creativity is the limit!
Date: Sunday, August 15, 2021
Time: 7:00 am
8450 W. 10 Mile Rd.
Royal Oak, MI 48067
and on your screen!