2023 Baton Rouge Kidney Walk
One simple step can change a life.
The Baton Rouge Kidney Walk is here! The final weather forecast calls for rain on Saturday afternoon. The Kidney Walk will take place rain or shine. Thank you for joining us and supporting the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana. We are excited to gather together to raise funds for the NKFL and celebrate life and the kidney community. I have included event day details below. Thank you again and we will see you on Saturday.
Important Walk Day information
- Where: Highland Park Grand Pavilion and Great Lawn—14024 Highland Road
- Date &Time: Registration: 8:30am; 1 mile Kidney Walk starts at 10am
- Parking: Parking available inside Highland Park—First come first served
- Registration and Check-in: All teams, walkers and participants should register/check in at the registration area next to the pavilion.
- Is there an admission fee? The suggested minimum donation is $5.00. Every walker who raised $100 will receive a Kidney Walk t-shirt.
- Donations: We accept cash, check or credit cards.
- Will there be food and beverages at the Walk? Yes. Fruit, popcorn, and water are complimentary to everyone.
- Coolers, outside food and beverages are permissible. Make sure to bring plenty of seating for family and friends - the ground could be wet and there is no seating at the event site.
- Where is a good place for our team to meet? Great meeting places are next to the stage.
- Is the Walk handicap accessible? Yes, the Walk route is handicap accessible.
- Are dogs welcome? Yes, dogs are welcome and must remain on a leash.
- Is the Walk rain or shine? The Baton Rouge Kidney Walk is rain or shine. The weather forecast is calling for a high of 80 and a low of 63 with a chance of afternoon rain.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, April 15, 2023 when we take lifesaving steps to prevent kidney disease and promote living organ donation.
Questions? Call 251-509-9905 or email
Unable to attend on Saturday, April 15, 2023?
No problem! You are always welcome to walk on your own time. You can utilize our app to connect with other walkers in your area and across the U.S. who are choosing to walk the same way! No matter how you choose to walk we will all be united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
The Best Part…
Getting started is the same no matter which option you choose!
- Register today to start fundraising.
- Personalize your kidney walk page
- Get creative: check out the Fundraiser Toolkit for easy ways to have fun, raise money and make a difference in someone’s life.
Are you ready to pledge your support?
We can't wait to see you at the 2023 Baton Rouge Kidney Walk!
Access your Kidney Walk Toolkit HERE!
Saturday, April 15, 2023
Festivities Begin: 8:30 am
14024 Highland Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808