2021 Nevada Kidney Walk
We invite you to walk your way in the 2021 Nevada Kidney Walk
This year, we are breaking down all the geographic boundaries of the past to form the first ever West Coast Kidney Walk! On Oct. 3, thousands will unite across California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington to improve the lives of people with kidney disease and those at risk everywhere.
The Nevada Walk celebrates the 7th annual Las Vegas Kidney Walk and welcomes the entire Nevada kidney community!
LaceUp your walking shoes and join us from the comfort of your home, neighborhood or local park. We may not be able to unite in person, but our different paths share a common goal; together we’ll LaceUp to change lives.
By participating in the 2021 Nevada Kidney Walk you’ll let others know they’re not alone.
Caring knows no distance; no matter how or where you walk—one simple step can change a life.
TIPS & TOOLS:
- Access your Kidney Walk Toolkit HERE
- Returning Walkers: We have a new walk platform. If you did not participate in the 2020 Kidney Walk, you will need to create a new account regardless if you have participated in past events.
NOW - Oct. 3: 37-Day Countdown to Walk! In honor of the 37-million people with chronic kidney disease, we're counting down the 37-days until the Walk with a calendar filled with challenges (and prizes).
Below is this week's challenges. Download the full calendar here.
ENDS 9/24 - Sept. 17 FriYAY Contest (Presented by CareDx): Raise the most money & win! (9/17-9/24). Click for contest details.
Sept. 23 - #TBT - Post your favorite walk photo/ experience
Sept. 24 - FriYAY Contest (Presented by Vifor Pharma): Top 5 teams on 9/28 @ 9AM get a Walk Day treat! More details here.
Sept. 25 - Take some steps towards your goal
Sept. 26 - One Week Countdown to walk…send an email reminder!
Sept. 27 - Have you gotten out to walk today?
Sept. 28 - Get your walk plan together for Sunday
Sept. 29 - #WalkTalk Wednesday: Join us at 12pm to get some last-minute tips! (Presented by Satellite Healthcare)
In case you missed these, there's still time to participate in these challenges!
Aug. 27 - Update your Walk page with your personal story about why you walk. Check out this recording on how to get you started.
Aug. 28 - Record a 10-30 second video about why you walk. Share on social media and submit to NKF here. We may even feature your story!
Aug. 29 - Link your Kidney Walk page to a Facebook Fundraiser. Be sure to start the fundraiser from your Walk Dashboard. Learn more here.
Aug. 30 – Go to the Kidney Walk app & set your activity goal. This tutorial show you how.
Aug. 31 - Ask 10 friends, neighbors, and coworkers to support your efforts!
Sept. 2 - Print Flat Sidney and take him on your adventures. Don’t forget to tag NKF.
Sept. 5 - Log into your Walk Dashboard and make a self-donation. Learn how to navigate your Walk Dashboard with this video tutorial.
Sept. 8 - Ask your friends and family to match your self-donation.
Sept. 10 - Ask your employer to match your self-donation.
Sept. 16 - Have you earned your Kidney Walk Gear yet? Check out all these fun items you can earn as soon as you begin fundraising.
Sept. 18 - Plan a live stream party for your team
Sept. 19 - Submit your team for “Most Creative Team Name”
Sept. 20 - Share a video of your progress!
We may not be together, but we’re united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
- Register today to start fundraising. Families facing kidney disease are counting on all of us to keep fighting in the year ahead.
- Personalize your kidney walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk to inspire your personal network to support you with a gift before Walk Day.
- Get creative: check out the Walker Toolkit for easy ways to have fun, maximize your impact and reach your goals.
- Walk your way: take your own walk around the neighborhood or at your local park on Sunday, October 3, 2021. You can even track your steps with our Kidney Walk App.
What if I’m sheltering in place or social distancing?
Your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. If you’re staying inside, there are still many ways you can participate and raise critically needed funds.
- Tune in to our Walk Day Celebration on Sunday, October 3rd to get a front-row seat for our walk-day activities.
- While others walk outside, join us in staying healthy by climbing the stairs in your home, doing jumping jacks or pushups for every dollar you raise to support kidney patients by walk day.
- Not feeling physical? For every book you read, healthy meal you make, or ounce of water you drink on Sunday, October 3rd, ask your friends and family to donate ($5) – your creativity is the limit!
Date: Sunday, October 03, 2021
Time: 11:00 am
Wherever you want!
However you want!