2021 Middle Tennessee Kidney Walk
Update on our Middle Tennessee Kidney Walk:
Our Middle Tennessee Kidney Walk, scheduled to be held virtually in November, will not be taking place this year. To continue to be the best stewards of your donated dollars, we will be focusing on taking your investment even further to directly impact our kidney patients and their families.
Thank you for the tremendous support you have shown the Nashville kidney community through the Kidney Walk. The walk’s presence over the past few years shows that this community has the determination to be a part of the solution to accelerate our work together to increase the number of kidneys available for transplant, prevent kidney failure through earlier diagnosis, and fuel advances in clinical research and innovation.
We will continue to maintain a strong presence in the Nashville region and we would like to share a few of the innovative and exciting programs taking place.
- Renal Roundtable sponsored by Alexion – Scheduled for October 21, 2021. Our Renal Roundtable program is a dynamic educational event where community opinion leaders present the most up-to-date information on a given topic and then participants discuss the chosen topic in an open forum.
- Big Ask Big Give – sponsored by Vanderbilt Transplant – Scheduled for December 5, 2021. The Big Ask, Big Give initiative educates and raises awareness about living kidney donation and transplantation among kidney patients, their families, and friends.
- Dialysis Patient PSA Series in Partnership with TN Disability Coalition- PSA’s will be released quarterly on facebook.com/nkfemtn. This series will provide dialysis patients, caregivers, and families, with the most up-to-date resources and information from local experts covering such topics as: health/wellness, fitness, safety, and patient empowerment.
- We are also working on a Drive for Dialysis program to be hosted in the Fall. Drive for Dialysis is a hands-on, non-skills based corporate volunteer opportunity where employees unite as a team to assemble care packages for delivery to a local dialysis clinic(s), while learning about kidney disease and its risk factors.
- This summer, we also held a Patient Empowerment Symposium. This symposium was a premier educational conference presenting the latest insights into research and CKD care with a goal to empower, engage, and educate all in attendance about kidney health.
Additionally, we hope you will consider continuing to support the foundation financially, via one of the following options:
- LaceUp and join us for one of two virtual walks happening in TN this Fall!
- Let your creativity shine through our Team Kidney Program by raising funds your way.
Thank you for your partnership and for making a lasting difference in the kidney community. Should you have any questions or need any help,
please reach out to Beau Trussell.