Welcome to my Kidney Walk Fundraising Page!
I walk in memory of my mother, Barbara Hanselka. My mom lived with kidney disease for years before going on dialysis full time in 2010. She managed with dialysis but it was very difficult and time consuming for her. She spent a lot of time in the hospital the past few years and ultimately passed away on August, 17th 2016.
When you donate, you’re powering NKF programs that make a real difference in people’s lives like:
- Free local KEEP Healthy® screenings throughout the United States.
- Peer support through NKF PEERS, NKF’s free, national telephone-based support program that connects those experiencing chronic kidney disease with NKF-trained mentors who have been through a similar experience
- Advocacy efforts to improve the quality of life for kidney patients and reducing transplant waiting times
- NKF Research Grant program, including the Young Investigator Grants program for beginning scientists
- Community-based education through “Your Kidneys and You,” a volunteer-led presentation on risk factors and prevention of kidney disease
C’MON! Join me and the National Kidney Foundation as we work together to fight kidney disease.
Thank you for your support!